“Bridges of trust and cooperation”
DONORS: Stiftung Schüler Helfen Leben Germany,Robert Bosch Stiftung, Germany, US Embassy in BiH, Embassy of Switzerland in BiH
DURATION: May 2015 – April 2017
LOCATION: Bugojno, Gromiljak, Kiseljak, Busovača, Vitez, Fojnica and Jajce.
SUMMARY: The project targets ethnically divided schools in the Middle Bosnia canton. In those “two schools under one roof”, children are segregated on the basis of ethnicity, they are learning in different classrooms and being taught by different teachers according to divided, ethnically defined curricula. This project contributes to overcoming of the ethnic segregation through working with pupils, teachers and parents. The project targets 8 divided schools (hence, 16 ethnically defined schools).
1. P.S. ”Busovača” Busovača and P.S.”Kaćuni” Busovača
2. P.S. ”I.G. Kovačić” Fojnica and P.S.”Muhsin Rizvić” Fojnica
3. P.S. ”Braća Jezerčić” Divičani and P.S.”Berta Kučera” Divičani
4. P.S. „Gromiljak“ Kiseljak and P.S.”Kiseljak 1” Bilalovac
5. P.S. ”Brestovsko” Kiseljak and P.S.”Kiseljak 1” Bilalovac
6. P.S. „Vitez” Vitez, H-komponenta and P.S.”Vitez” Vitez, B- komponenta
7. P.S. ”Berta Kučera” Jajce and P.S.”13 rujan” Jajce
8. P.S. „I osnovna škola“ Bugojno and P.S. „III osnovna škola“ Bugojno.
• Activity 1. Workshops for children (188 workshops during period of 2 years);
• Activity 2. Workshops for parents (160 workshops during period of 2 years);
• Activity 3. Workshops for schoolteachers (68 workshops during period of 2 years);
• Activity 4. Educational, puppet theatre performances for younger children (97 puppet performances during period of 2 years);
• Activity 5. Educational, theatre performances for older children (55 performances during period of 2 years);
• Activity 6. Development and printing of the educational brochures (brochure for parents and brochure for children).
For all of those activities, the main topics are:
• social competencies (ethnic tolerance, appreciation of different religions and tolerance),
• peaceful conflict resolution and prevention,
• promotion of diversity and intercultural understanding,
• child rights and social inclusion,
• development of the communication skills,
• development of the peer-education skills and methodology
We expect to target over 9000 direct beneficiaries from all three major groups (pupils, parents and teachers).
Project expected results are:
• Level of cooperation between families and schools is increased.
• Peer-education, as method of education, is affirmed and accepted.
• Internationalism, respect and consideration of all people regardless of their skin color, religion, ethnicity is developed and improved.
• Communication and peaceful conflict prevention skills are improved.
• Changes of the attitudes and behaviors among project direct beneficiaries (lower level of generalization, prejudices and stereotypes) have been improved.
• Multiethnic cooperation has improved.
• Increased knowledge and awareness of project topics, through proposed activities.
• Interaction among children, teachers and parents of different ethnic groups (but also among representatives of the same ethnic groups) is improved thanks to their participation in joint activities.