With the beginning of the new school year, the Genesis Project continues with their activities too. We have already been present for several years in the Middle Bosnia Canton and this year we continue with our numerous and varied activities. During this school year, the Genesis will implement over 300 joint activities in eight roofs / 16 schools in the course of the “Bridges of trust and cooperation” project, as follows:
• 140 workshops for children;
• 120 workshops for parents;
• 30 educational, puppet theatre performances for younger children;
• 25 educational, theatre performances for older children;
• Two seminars for pupils and school counsellors / teachers from 16 schools / 8 roofs;
• Designing and publishing the brochure for parents and the brochure for children.
The following target groups will be involved in the project:
• 180 children (aged 10-12) educated directly through their participation in the joint peer education workshops (140 workshops);
• about 500 children will be covered through the educational activities in the classes, which will be held by trained peer-educators;
• approximately 2,160 parents included in the 120 workshops / meetings with parents;
• 1,800 children (aged 6-11) educated through 30 interactive puppet theatre performances for children;
• 1,300 children (aged 12-15) educated through 25 educational, theatre performances for children;
• 48 children / pupils and 16 school counsellors / teachers covered in seminars (2 seminars).
The “Bridges of trust and cooperation” is implemented under the auspices of the German foundation Stiftung Schüler Helfen Leben, the US Embassy in BiH and the group of donors in the following municipalities of the Middle Bosnia Canton: Bugojno, Gromiljak, Kiseljak, Busovaca, Vitez, Fojnica and Jajce. The project is being implemented with the approval of the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of the Middle Bosnia Canton.