PROJECT TITLE: “Preventing peer, gender-based and sexual violence in primary schools”
DONOR: Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI)
DURATION: November 2015 – February 2016
LOCATION: Brčko District, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Una Sana Canton), Republika Srpska (Brčko, Maoča/Brčko, Sanski Most, Fajtovci/Sanski Most, Slatina/Laktaši and Laktaši)
The purpose of this project is to initiate, develop and support school and community-based responses to peer violence, gender -based violence and sexual violence through activities implemented with different groups of beneficiaries in selected locations.
To provide school teachers and children with the appropriate tools, knowledge and skills to facilitate their active participation in the establishment of effective responses to the risks posed by peer violence, gender based violence and sexual violence.
Main activities of the project are:
• Activity 1. Survey in six selected primary schools to determine the level, form and prominence of violence
• Activity 2. Establishment of a School Coordination Board on Non – Violence in each school
• Activity 3. Basic training for teachers on peer violence, gender-based violence (GBV) and sexual violence
• Activity 4. Training for trainers on peer violence, GBV and sexual violence prevention (teachers – mentors)
• Activity 5. Peer support workshops
• Activity 6. Establishment of a School Safety Network
Immediate expected project results and related performance indicators are:
1. Quality baseline information on attitudes, perceptions and knowledge regarding violence is made available to inform action planning at school and community level; information on the prevention of sexual violence and how to react or respond to such cases is disseminated
2. School’s capacity to recognize and respond to violence is increased
3. Mechanism to monitor incidence of violence are established at school level
Project activities will be monitored via internal control and under the observation of representatives of the donor organization (Canada Fund for Local Initiatives).
Representatives of the competent Ministries will be invited to perform visits to planned project activities to monitor and evaluate the quality of the project.
Representatives of the competent Ministries will receive regular reports on the progress of the project and the results achieved by the project, as well as weekly action plans.
Information about organization financing the project:
The humanitarian and educational project “Preventing peer, gender-based and sexual violence in primary schools” is funded by the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives.