DURATION:24.02.2013. – 15.11.2014.
General objective of the project:
To devise appropriate methods
for the prevention of violence in schools and to strengthen the capacity and active participation of all stakeholders (representatives of the county Ministry of Science, Education, Culture and Sports, schools, students and parents), with the goal of preventing discrimination and peer violence. The project will cover a total of 20 schools (nine central elementary schools, seven branch elementary schools and four secondary schools) in six municipalities.
· To determine the level of understanding and skills, perception of the problem and willingness to undertake activities of intercultural education and prevention of peer violence, with the goal of designing corresponding educational activities in schools.
· To conduct a thorough analysis of all data obtained from research and to recommend specific educational programs in schools with a focus on developing the skills of prevention of discrimination and peer violence.
· To educate more than 1700 pupils, aged under 10, through live, interactive, educational puppet plays, focused on the development of co-existence among different groups.
· To strengthen the capacity and coordination of the county government / all key stakeholders in the field of prevention of violence and discrimination.
Project is activities:
§ Activity 1. “Development of assessment instruments”
– All research instruments were designed by the relevant experts for scientific and research work and were approved by the Ministry of Science, Education, Culture and Sports of Herzeg – Bosnia County.
§ Activity 2. “Opinion polls/questionnaire for pupils” (age 10/11, 14/15 and 16/17 )
§ Activity 3. “Opinion polls/questionnaire for parents”
§ Activity 4. “Opinion polls/questionnaire for schoolteachers, pedagogues and principals”
§ Activity 5. “Free educational, live, interactive puppet theatre performances”
§ Activity 6. “Evaluation of the puppet theatre performances impact on direct beneficiaries/ increase of knowledge in children”
§ Activity 7. “Analysis of gathered assessment data and recommendations for programme model interventions in targeted schools”
§ Activity 8. “Presentation of assessment findings, coordination with MoE and modelling the specific project activities”
The final outcome of the project:
Ministry of Science, Education, Culture and Sports of Herzeg – Bosnia County, UNICEF BiH and the Genesis Project are using the data obtained from the realized research for the development of recommendations for planning corresponding interventions in targeted schools.