DONOR: Kingdom of the Netherlands Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina
DURATION: 1 December 2012 – 30 December 2013
LOCATION: Bosnia and Herzegovina (Republic of Srpska and Federation of BiH)
OVERALL GOAL: Overall objective of this project proposal is raising awareness and knowledge of Education Ministries’ officials, primary schools teachers and pupils in both entities of BiH about human rights dimension of prevention of HIV, AIDS and other STD in order to establish harmonized approach in education of young children about risks as well as about ways of social inclusion and rights of vulnerable groups (i.e. those that are at risk and/or infected) and to educate primary school teachers and pupils about risks and ways of prevention (to build society that takes all measures to prevent TDs and that provides opportunity for inclusion of vulnerable groups).
1. Initiated cooperation between Education ministries of RS and Middle Bosnia canton of FBiH in the field of children rights and education of children about prevention of HIV, AIDS and other STDs.
2. Educate primary school teachers and children about children rights, risks and ways of prevention of HIV, AIDS and other STDs.
Expected project results:
• cooperation between Education ministries of RS and Middle Bosnia canton of FBiH initiated and established;
• developed Unified manual for further use in primary schools and delivered to Ministries of Education, to all targeted schools, and placed on Genesis web site for further use;
• conducted 20 basic trainings for 200 schoolteachers from both entities;
• performed 100 theatre performances, for 6,250 pupils, in 80 primary schools in both entities;
• 6,250 younger adolescents has gained new knowledge and expended the existing knowledge about: children rights and human rights, HIV and AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, STD, vulnerable groups;
• newly gained knowledge has influenced changes in behaviour, correction of attitudes and removal of prejudices among over 6,250 younger adolescents;
• reduced the level of prejudices towards vulnerable groups;
• gained knowledge and raised awareness directly leads towards removal of prejudices and social inclusion of the vulnerable groups;
• 6,250 copies of Educational flyer have been distributed in primary schools;
• educational flyer placed on Genesis web site for further download and use;
• 1,000 pupils have received knowledge through pilot classes for pupils.
Expected results will be confirmed through the project impact evaluation. Post-testing will show an increase in the level of knowledge and changes in attitudes in comparison with pre-testing.
• Activity 1. Development of Unified manual for schoolteachers:
o Sub-activity 1.1: Expert groups meetings (12 meetings)
o Sub-activity 1.2: Design of Unified manual (in Cyrillic and Latin letters) in all three languages (Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian)
o Sub-activity 1.3: Up-load of the Unified manual on Genesis web site.
• Activity 2. Educational theatre performances for 6,250 adolescents: 100 shows
o Sub-activity 2.1: Evaluation of the impact of theatre performances through which we will measure changes in the level of knowledge and changes in attitudes.
o Sub-activity 2.2: Distribution of Educational flyer.
o Sub-activity 2.3: Up-load of the Educational flyer on Genesis web site.
• Activity 3. Basic trainings for 200 teachers on HIV/AIDS/CR/HR: 20 trainings/200 teachers.
o Sub-activity 3.1: Presentation of Unified manual for schoolteachers.
• Activity 4. Pilot classes for pupils on HIV/AIDS/CR/HR: 40 classes / 1,000 pupils.