Project title: “Strengthening the capacity of professionals in education in the prevention, identification and response to cases of violence in primary schools”
Donor: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Project duration: 01/09/2016 – 31/05/2018.
Location: The project will be implemented in the following municipalities in the Republic of Srpska: Celinac, Knezevo, Teslic , Sipovo, Doboj, Petrovo, Prijedor, Banja Luka, Bijeljina, Zvornik and in the following municipalities in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Travnik, Busovaca, Donji Vakuf, Bugojno and Mostar.
Project summary: The project “Strengthening capacity of professionals in education on prevention, identification and referral of cases of violence in primary schools” is a part of a large regional programme implemented by the United Nations Children’s Fund – UNICEF in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Serbia, Kosovo (UNSCR 1244), Albania and Turkey.
The objectives of the regional programme are:
– to empower civil society in order to better monitor the implementation of children’s rights,
– to improve inclusive and innovative services in civil society,
– to increase support of civil society to protection of children from violence and social inclusion of children with disabilities.
The project objectives are:
The overall objective of the project “Strengthening capacity of professionals in education on prevention, identification and referral of cases of violence in primary schools” is the creation of affirmative environment at the school in the prevention of bullying, and strengthening human and institutional capacities for management and monitoring activities for prevention of violence, which are based on the response of the entire school to the challenges of violence.
The tasks of the project are:
– To contribute to strengthening human and institutional capacities aimed at creating, developing and implementing activities focused on the prevention of bullying in elementary school;
– To increase levels of knowledge and skills of school staff and students on violence prevention and response to violence;
– contribute to the establishment of the mechanism to monitor the phenomenon of bullying at the primary school level;
– To support the practical application of the “Protocol on the procedure in cases of violence, abuse or neglect of children”;
– To support the activities of the competent Ministry in planning, management and implementation of activities focused on the prevention of bullying at the primary school level.