NAME OF THE PROJECT: Supporting Intercultural, Inclusive and Peace Education and Prevention of Violence among Children in Canton 10
DONOR: United Nations Trust Fund for Human Security, UN agencies in BiH (UNICEF, IOM,UNHCR, UNDP)
DURATION: January 1st 2016 – June 30th 2016
Canton 10 (Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina);
Municipalities in Canton 10 : Bosansko Grahovo, Drvar, Glamoč, Kupres, Livno and Tomislavgrad;
Primary schools in Canton 10:
– 3 primary schools located in the Municipality of Tomislavgrad;
– 2 primary schools located in the Municipality of Livno;
– 1 primary school located in the Municipality of Kupres;
– 1 primary school located in the Municipality of Bosansko Grahovo;
– 1 primary school located in the Municipality of Glamoč;
– 1 primary school located in the Municipality of Drvar.
GOAL OF THE PROJECT:
The general objective of the project is to support intercultural, inclusive and peace education and prevention of violence among children in Canton 10 by strengthening the capacity and applying developed appropriate methods through active participation of all stakeholders (especially pupils and teachers) as well as representatives of the Canton 10 Ministry of Science, Education, Culture and Sports).
It foresees three main line of intervention:
• Strengthen the child participation in promotion and support of intercultural, inclusive and peace education and prevention of discrimination and violence;
• Strengthen the capacity of schools, Cantonal and Municipal authorities to promote and support intercultural, inclusive and peace education and to prevent discrimination and violence among children;
• Improve Community Responsiveness to Intercultural Understanding and Prevention of discrimination and Violence.
It is expected to reach directly and indirectly over 5.000 children, adolescents, school professionals, parents and the representatives of municipality’s institutions throughout Canton 10. EXPECTED RESULTS: – Contribute to reduced prevalence of violence and discrimination among children; – Increased capacity of schools and Cantonal authorities to support intercultural, inclusive and peace education and to prevent discrimination and violence among children; – Improved community responsiveness to intercultural understanding and prevention of discrimination and violence; PROJECT ACTIVITIES: – Supporting and monitoring peer support activities in primary schools; – Support functioning of School Coordination Teams in primary schools; – Support functioning of School Action Plans/activities in primary schools; – Conduct quantitative assessment on forms and level of peer violence in primary schools; – Conduct meetings of MoE’s Coordination and Support Expert Group; – Organise and conduct Canton 10 One-Minute Junior Movies Festival; – Organise and conduct Focus groups assessment on human security and quality of life in 3 municipalities of Canton 10; – Organise and conduct workshop “Strengthening multi-sector cooperation through education on Guidelines of conduct in cases of violence”.