The 7th Festival of the One-Minute Movies “Do you have a minute?” will be held on April 21st at the Bistrica Hotel in Jahorina, organized by the NGO Genesis Project. The festival will feature a total of 80 films that were completely created and recorded by children from the elementary schools in Central Bosnia Canton. The movies were filmed at the following locations: Bugojno, Gromiljak, Divičani, Bešpelj, Busovača, Vitez, Fojnica and Jajce, supported and assisted by trainers from the NGO Genesis Project in 2017.
The movies were filmed under the project “Bridges of Trust and Cooperation” implemented by the Genesis Project under the auspices of the German foundations Schüler Helfen Leben and Robert Bosch, with the support and approval of the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of the Central Bosnia Canton, which is implemented in schools that work under one roof and two curricula (known as “two schools under one roof”).
Through one creative minute, the children sent powerful messages that talk about coexistence, violence, tolerance, prejudice. The Festival Jury will award the best films at the indicated locations, and the children themselves will also choose a movie that will get the Audience Award. Symbolic prizes are provided for little winners and all children will receive diplomas for participation in this creative project.
Festival jury consists of:
1. Darija Buzaković, chairwoman of the jury, producer and director of Kratkofil Plus Short Film Festival
2. Tatjana Bursać, editor and journalist, Radio Television of the Republic of Srpska
3. Zoran Matošević, assistant Minister of education in the Government of the Central Bosnia Canton
4. Sabina Halilović, senior associate for pre-school and primary education, Ministry of Education in the Government of the Central Bosnia Canton
5. Aylin Koc, public relations coordinator, Schüler Helfen Leben Foundation (SHL), Berlin, Germany
6. Sami Kirschenmann, coordinator for fundraising and partnership, Schüler Helfen Leben Foundation (SHL), Berlin, Germany
7. Markus Janzen, project manager, private German foundation, office in Vienna, Austria
8. Sabine Palatin, Project manager assistant, private German foundation, Vienna office, Austria
It will certainly be difficult to select the best among the best. For the Genesis Project – all children are the winners!