PROJECT TITLE: The implementation of the part of the action plan of the Coalition for the Protection of Children Banjaluka
DONOR: World Vision International
LOCATION: Banja Luka Municipality (Bronzani Majdan, Karanovac, Kola and Stričići, Bočac, Srpske Toplice, Vrbanja)
The project will be implemented in the the following primary schools :
• PS “Vojislav Ilić” Krupa on Vrbas
• PS “Mladen Stojanović”, Bronzani Majdan
• PS “Petar Kočić” Kola (including the branch school in Stričići)
• PS “Branislav Nušić”, Srpske Toplice
• PS “Stanko Rakita”, Vrbanja
• PS “Milan Rakić” Karanovac
• Pupils waiting for transport (from school to home), after the classes. Groups of 20 pupils will be formed, who will participate in educational meetings and workshops one day a week, in the average duration of 90 minutes. Six groups of pupils will be formed in total.
• Pupils from grades 1 to 5, who will be covered by the project through the educational, puppet show “Not all of us are fliers.”
1. Workshops with the pupils who are waiting for the transport home.
2. Puppet shows (6 performances for 6 primary schools). The plan is to perform the puppet show “Not all of us are fliers” which has the objective to teach the children of the lower primary school age how to accept the different ones, how to be tolerant and how to relate to others without prejudice.
3. Research on the presence of violence.
4. Printing and distribution of the conduct flow chart according to the Protocol.
The overall objective of the project
The overall objective of the project is to protect children and improve the safety of the pupils during the period after the classes until the first available transport home.
• Improving the safety of the children.
• Improving the communication skills of the children /workshop participants.
• Developing the skills on peaceful conflict resolution of the children / workshop participants.
• Development of tolerance and the elimination of prejudice.
• A higher-quality implementation of the Protocol in the case of violence, abuse or neglect.